Thursday, September 19, 2013

We Like What We See // no. 1

It's everywhere! Art art art. As we've been learning the elements and principles, it has simply reoccured to me that there is intention in everything we create. Even when breaking the rules are the desired aesthetic, there is still a formula for what needs to be rebelled against. Sometimes, you have to just look. Students with a little bit of spare time were asked to search the internet for contemporary artworks and see how, where and why these ingredients are being used. It's not an ancient methodology, these fundamentals are what we now know makes our work have artistic purpose. With the resurgence of street art happening in Richmond lately, I've been personally enamored by it and shared a few of my favorite artists that have work displayed around town. Some of my students found street art that they really liked, particularly those displaying form!

Anyways, once a week I will be posting images that we collectively find interesting for one reason or another. We like what we see! This week's roundup comes from two classes that I taught today. Do you know what elements and principles are being used?



 
 I want to do this!
 
Our very own city!

1 comment: